(LAST UPDATED SEPTEMBER 8, 2020)
NOTICE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
For you to take advantage of certain opportunities provided through the Sites (for example, to use the services offered on the Sites), we may require that you furnish personal information. For example, we may ask you to complete a registration form that asks for contact information (such as name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address) or an order form that asks for financial information (like credit card number, expiration date, and billing address). Additionally, when you order from the Sites, we may collect certain consumer information (such as products ordered and relevant promotion codes) and delivery information (such as an alternate contact, address, and telephone number in the event you are not available to accept delivery). We will collect information that you provide directly to us, including if you communicate with us by e-mail or complete online forms, surveys, or contest entries. You may choose not to provide us with certain personal information. In such an event, you can still access and view the Sites; however, you may not be able to order any products and the functionality of the Sites and services available to you may be limited. In addition, you can choose not to provide certain optional information, but then you might not be able to take full advantage of the features on the Sites or the services we offer.
We may also collect certain personal information about you automatically, including information about the device you are using to access and/or use the Sites, log information (including your IP address, type of browser and operating system you use, etc.), information from referring websites, and your interaction with the Sites.
We and our third-party service providers may aggregate personal information in a manner such that the end-product cannot be reasonably used to identify you or any other user of the Sites, for example, by using personal information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code. We and our third-party service providers may use and share this aggregated and de-identified information for various business activities, including .
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGY
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We and our third-party service providers may use your personal information that you may provide, whether collected by us or third parties, as applicable:
- to fulfill your requests (e.g., to allow you to order alcoholic beverages and other products and have them delivered to you or to provide you with information that you request);
- to fulfill your purchases (e.g., to process credit card payments in connection with your order);
- to customize content on our Sites for your use;
- to send you important information regarding the Sites, such as certain changes to our terms, conditions, policies, and/or other administrative information;
- to inform you of products, programs, services, and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to permit you to send messages to family and friends through the Sites;[i]
- to allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions (collectively, “Promotions”); or
- for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Sites, improving our services, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our Promotions.
WHEN & HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- as required to fulfill and deliver your purchase;
- to provide services to you or US in connection with the Sites, such as payment processing, website hosting, data analysis, IT services, customer service, e-mail, and other similar services;
- to identify you to any person to whom you send messages through the Sites;
- to communicate with you about Promotions, products, services, rewards, and events offered by US or others;[ii]
- to an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy and/or similar proceedings); or
- as we believe to be appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our ; (e) to protect our operations and/or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety, and/or property of Tipsy Truck Delivery, our affiliates, you, and/or others; (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies and/or limit the damages that we may sustain; or (h) for record keeping purposes.
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTICES REGARDING OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES
Marketing-Related Emails. If you do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may unsubscribe from receiving them by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Changing Personal Information. You may review, correct, and/or update certain elements of your personal information by adjusting your preferences in the “My Account” section of the Sites, but we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We and our third-party service providers are not responsible for altering personal information from the databases and/or other records of third parties with whom we and our third-party service providers have shared your personal information.
Use of the Site by Minors. The Sites are not directed to and/or intended for use by individuals under the age of twenty-one (21), and we require that such individuals not use the Sites and not provide personal information through the Sites.
Disclaimer. If you choose to access the Sites, you do so at your own risk. We may limit the availability of the Sites, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area, and/or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion. By using the Sites and submitting any personal information, you consent to the transfer of personal information to other countries, which may provide a different level of data security than your country of residence provides. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
[i] If you wish to use this feature, you may be required to provide us with, and we may use, your family member or friend’s email address to facilitate your sending of such message. By using this functionality, you affirm that you are entitled to use and provide us with your family member or friend’s name and email address for this purpose. We will not use your family member or friend’s personal information for any purpose other than to allow your message to be sent and/or to troubleshoot any issues with respect to the sending of your message, unless we disclose such other purpose to you at the time you provide your family member or friend’s personal information to us.
[ii] You should carefully review the rules, if any, of each Promotion in which you participate, as they may contain additional important information about how such third parties use your personal information.